Xanadu

Xanadu
In Xanadu did Kublah Khan a stately pleasure dome decree

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving Day 2016

Like other things with Napoleon, this one proved a blind alley and resulted in another unpleasant interaction. Still, it was a useful exercise, giving Me opportunity to picture other paths forward, re-opening My mind to the reality that waking up each day in My bed in this house is an affirmative choice. I am CEO of My life. I run it, it does not run on its own. It's handy to be reminded of My agency in financial matters occasionally. Not much of a silver lining but it's there.

Now I am visiting My best-friend-forever (BFF) and her two daughters, one of whom is My god-daughter and special needs. I had tasked boy t with providing a wakeup call at 4:15 to ensure I did not miss My 6am flight to get here on, what else, a non-refundable ticket. When the phone roused Me from an light and unsatisfying sleep, he seemed bizarrely alert for the hour and I soon learned why. Fearing he would fail in his mission, he chose to forego sleep entirely and had stayed up through the night. That, friends, is what we in the M/s community call the slave heart. I was very touched by the depth of his commitment to My needs. M/s circles talk about alignment of the /s with Master, and he certain works hard to keep himself in alignment with My goals. It's not flashy of course, but it is really a privilege to receive such service, to have someone who believes Me worthy of that level of dedication. It inspires Me to ensure I indeed am worthy.

So with that as backdrop, I just cleaned My BFF's kitchen, including the stove. She is a single mom and works heroically on many fronts, I thought she would enjoy waking up to some Mary Poppins action, things magically in their place, which otherwise never happens. So My slave got Me here... so I could do someone else's dishes. 

Makes Me chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment