Xanadu

Xanadu
In Xanadu did Kublah Khan a stately pleasure dome decree

Thursday, September 4, 2014

My Inner Child Is a Gay Leather Daddy

For several years now, I have been making the arch observation that My inner child is a gay leather daddy.  It usually elicits either a laugh or a moderately confused smile. But as time goes on, it's less of a funny quip and feels closer to the truth.  I increasingly find that I would rather hang out with gay male Masters than any other profile of person, and find it curious that this should be so. I like men, I really do, and I wonder sometimes whether that is true for most Dommes. Certainly, many Dommes, including Me, have at some point used the defined Dominant role to provide a form of safety which allows us to get close to men after prior experiences left us feeling distinctly unsafe.  Thankfully, I feel I have outgrown using the Domme role as a crutch.  I also have realized that gay leather Masters (at least the ones I meet in MAsT, MsC, and Butchmann's circles) not only share my love of men, they are themselves thoughtful about sexuality, spirituality, and relationships in a deeper way one does not often find among het males. The sight of a well bonded gay male couple is joyous to Me in a very particular way, it feels like I can really see them, because they are clearly seeing each other.

I watched quite a bit of Dan Savage youtube video within the last few weeks and was struck by his story that he began the Savage Love column as a way form of payback to straight people, especially straight men, whom he didn't particularly like at the time.  But over the course of a few years Dan (raised Catholic and one of the most consistently ethical people I see in media) came to feel real compassion for straight men, because he realized the culture forbids them to be like women and forbids them to be like gay men; that doesn't leave a very wide range of expression for them to inhabit.  Certainly, I believe that for a straight man to acknowledge a desire to submit to Feminine Authority is one of the most cultur-klastic things he can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment